C O M E SfgK I S M E T

Sunday 28 July 2013

Perks of Solitary Travel 

Last week, I spent a couple of days in Melbourne, and if I could learn one thing, that one thing would be that solitary travel instigates a kind of psychedelic euphoria. I spent four hours walking through the city streets in sort of this daze. I really didn't know where I was going, and didn't really care, and when I did wake up, I found myself in the neighbourhood of East Melbourne. I guess my only companion was my thoughts, and that is always dangerous. On the way back to central city, I started to feel a little lonely, so I stopped at a busy Starbucks and made conversation with the cashier guy, whose name was Willow and spoke with an American accent, but was actually from Singapore. He was really nice. He complimented me on my red woollen hat and repeated my name several times, despite my telling him it's a hard one to remember. We shook hands in farewell and I said, "It was nice meeting you," and I left feeling good because I really did mean it. If I could learn a second thing, it would be to snap out of it, because then, can one encounter some excellent opportunities. 


No comments:

Post a Comment