C O M E SfgK I S M E T

Monday 29 July 2013

Gallery Pit-Stop 

From St Kilda, I hopped on a tram towards central city; however, I decided to exit short of it when I saw a large poster advertising Monet's paintings. I'm not much of an art fanatic, but, I remembered watching an SBS documentary once about a French countryside town which mentioned him. So, I thought, "Why not?" I entered the National Gallery of Victoria, passed that colossal water wall, and headed to where the light was - the entrance was oddly dark, terrible in fengshui terms. And situated smack-bang in the middle of the main gathering foyer was an azure circular pool, containing various sized porcelain bowls that floated and clinked together to create one spontaneous acoustic jingle, like sounds of a wind chime right before a storm. It was quite nice. I didn't end up seeing Monet's work as you had to purchase a ticket, nor any other exhibition as they didn't open until ten. So, I left after fifteen minutes, smiled a "lovely to see you", and then greeted my next adventure. 


No comments:

Post a Comment